CASSCOMM is comprised of many different companies specializing in the telecommunications industry. Based out of central Illinois and serving thirteen counties with the latest in technology, CASSCOMM operates Cass Communications Management Incorporated, Cass Cable TV, Cass Internet, Cass Telephone, Cass Long Distance, Cass Advertising and Greene County Partners offering services including: cable television, high-speed internet, digital phone, landline telephone service and cable television advertising.
- 1898- Cass Telephone Co. was granted a franchise as Virginia and Little Indian Telephone Company. The telephone wire ran from the community of Little Indian to Virginia, IL providing telephone service within the city limits. The construction wires were strung along roadsides, attached to any stable device available.
- 1910- The company was incorporated as Cass County Telephone Company. The founders of Cass Telephone Company were Edward J. and Ada Huff, great-grandparents of current Chairman of the Board Gerald E. Gill and great great-grandparents of current President Gerald S. Gill II.
- Further expansions for Cass Telephone Company began in 1924 with the purchase of the Ashland Telephone Company. In 1968 and 1971 respectively, Chandlerville Telephone Company and Easton Telephone Company were acquired. All four communities are still serviced by Cass Telephone company today, where dial up and DSL internet service has also been made available to telephone customers.
- 1965- Gerald E. Gill, now Chairman of the Board, launched his first cable television service. Cass Community Antenna Television, Inc. was formed in Beardstown, Illinois and received a total of 12 channels. Cass Community Antenna Television is now known as Cass Cable TV, Inc. which has expanded to serve communities in Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Mason, Menard, Pike, Sangamon, Schuyler and Tazwell counties with Basic Cable packages, Digital Cable packages, High Speed Cable Modem Internet service, High Definition services and Digital Phone.
- 1996- The company moved into a new office on Rt. 78 just north of Virginia. Cass Long Distance became available. Cass Internet was born and provided access to the World Wide Web. Cass Communications Management, Inc. was formed to manage Cass Telephone Company, Cass Cable TV, Inc., Cass Long Distance, Cass Internet, Gillcrest Estates and Gillcrest Farms. Cass Communications Management now has over 80 employees to handle every aspect of each company.
- 2005- Greene County Partners was acquired servicing Greene, Jersey, Menard and Sangamon counties with Basic Cable packages, Digital Cable packages, High Speed Cable Modem Internet service, High Definition services and Digital Phone.
- 2009- CASSCOMM launched its Digital Phone Service (VOIP) with unlimited calling and local number portability.
- 2010- Video On Demand (VOD) was launched for cable television customers.
- 2011- Cass Advertising receives National Telly Award for excellence in 'Mayberrry' ad series.